Reporting to Clarity Teamnet Product Manager
Salary £30,000 – £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
TeamNet is one of Clarity Informatics’ suite of software products, a constantly evolving intranet and collaboration system for GPpractices and practice groups. Its customer base includes individual GP practices, Clinical Commissioning Groups, GP Federations and some Hospital Trusts. Due to continued growth, we need to expand our expert team.
To lead, coordinate and deliver successful implementation of the TeamNet service to new and existing clients, working closely with the client and the rest of the TeamNet team to ensure that our clients’ needs and expectations are met.
These responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Leading and coordinating successful projects to allow new and existing clients to roll out, and make best use of the TeamNet service.
- Gathering and advising on project specific requirements, such as local configuration and localised information, and ensuring that these are effectively deployed. These will often be deployed through other members of the TeamNet team.
- Monitoring customer usage and working with clients to maximise usage.
- Identifying and managing risks in relation to implementation projects.
- Working closely with the support team to organise, develop and coordinate structured communication, training and awareness events.
- Representing the clients’ feedback and unmet requirements to the team, supporting the product team in development of new features.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge and understanding of the functions of, and enhancements to, the TeamNet platform.
- Contributing to the broader activities of the Teamnet business unit and supporting the team as required.
- Managing your own workload, and being accountable for your decisions.
- Adhering to and maintaining the ISO27001 standards within which Teamnet operates.
- Being responsible for your own health and safety and those of colleagues in the workplace.
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks commensurate with your skills and experience.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop and maintain cordial professional relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including presentation skills.
- A high degree of IT literacy with an enthusiasm for the productive use of IT systems. Note that the role does not require software development or in depth technical skills.
- Ability to deal with all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage your workload, especially where there are conflicting priorities.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team and able to use your own initiative.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven ability in managing a service based project, ideally in an environment with multiple client roles.
- Substantial relevant vocational experience (5+ years).
- Project or other applicable management experience, ideally gained in a product or service development environment, preferably in the public sector.
- A working knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- A real team player
- Tenacity and resilience
- Keen to learn and willing to embrace change
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative approach to problem-solving
Whilst this role will not involve direct line management responsibility, the post holder will work within a small team including software developers, support experts and others.
The role will be based from our office in Newcastle but will involve regular travel to clients in the UK on average 3 nights a week away from home. A full clean UK driving license is required. Expenses and mileage will be fully reimbursed. For the right candidate, partial home working may be considered.
Applying for this Vacancy
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity or are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV along with a covering letter to – email@example.com