5 Benefits of TeamNet you may not know existed…for GPs!
- TeamNet links with Clarity Appraisals
You may not realise that TeamNet can you help collect CPD evidence and sync with your Clarity Appraisals account, saving time and hassle. To sync your CPD items from TeamNet, you will just need to ensure that:
- Your TeamNet email address is the same address you use for your Clarity Appraisals account. If you use two different email addresses, please contact our support team who can quickly solve this issue for you.
- You have created a ‘GP Appraisal’ in TeamNet, which is quick and easy to do. This allows you to record CPD in TeamNet which you can then upload to Clarity Appraisals at the click of a button. More information and guidance can be found here [Link to GP appraisal guide].
2. You can use TeamNet as a CPD resource.
If you’re unaware of the link between TeamNet and Appraisals, there’s a reasonable chance you’re unfamiliar with using TeamNet as a CPD resource. The following items are commonly stored in TeamNet, all of which can be used to record CPD evidence.
- Significant events
- Learning events
- Complaints and compliments
- Policies and protocols
- Reflection on clinical guidance such as CKS and NICE guidelines
- Meeting notes and other discussions
- Clinical pathways and other items shared to you by your CCG, Hospital Trust, PCN or local authority (please note this is only relevant for TeamNet Share clients)
Every item gives you option to ‘Record as CPD’ – where you can record reflection, time spent, learning methods and map to the GMP domains. You can even add further attachments to support this as evidence. With a click of a button, your items can be synced with your Clarity Appraisals.
3. TeamNet features its own Clinical Support Information area
Head to the Clinical Support in TeamNet, and you’ll find a range of clinical topics containing up to date and accurate information from trusted sources. Here you can find a range of guidelines to assist you during GP consultations or to simply use as a learning tool or CPD opportunity.
TeamNet includes (as standard) NICE guidelines, Clinical Knowledge Summaries, NICE Treatment Summaries, NICE Treatment Summaries for Children, NB Medical KISS summaries, The Green Book, and Patient Leaflets.
Clinical pathways and other local clinical information may well be stored in TeamNet if your practice is part of a wider sharing group.
4. Statutory & Mandatory eLearning
TeamNet’s eLearning add-on includes all the statutory and mandatory learning you are required to undertake as a GP. If your practice has subscribed to this optional add-on, you’ll find all the courses in the ‘Staff Training’ module within TeamNet. This means you don’t need to leave TeamNet to complete your training, and you will be alerted when any training is due by your personalised to-do-list in TeamNet.
5. Rotas, diaries, meetings, and holidays
If your practice uses actively uses TeamNet, there will be much useful day to day information available to you. For example, the TeamNet diary will alert you to meetings that you are required to attend and if your Practice Manager has started using the new rota management tool, your shifts will also appear in your diary. TeamNet is also the place to go to book your holidays, which you can do so from the comfort of your home as you can login anywhere, on any device with WIFI.
TeamNet is not just a practice management tool but a rich resource that can be utilised in your clinical practice, for HR purposes, and for your professional development. If you know TeamNet is being used in your practice and wish to explore all that it can offer you as a GP, there are resources to help you find your way. Simply head to the Help section to browse our user guides and videos.